Bayview East Cemetery
Bayview Cemetery is located at the junction of Bayview Road and Howard Road, near Washington Highway 525, between Freeland and Clinton on Whidbey Island. The cemetery is bisected by Bayview Road into the east side and the East side, grave sites being numbered separately on the two sides.
In 1905 Thomas Johns and William Weedin each donated an acre of land for the cemetery and the Bayview Cemetery Association was formed. In 1950 fifteen acres were added across Bayview Road.
We are indebted to the Sno-Isle Genealogical Society and their publication “The Sounder” for publishing a list of individuals buried in this cemetery, copied from the Hedgecock-Visser Funeral Home records about 1987. We have taken this list as a guide and starting point, verified names and dates, made corrections as necessary, and added more recent burials. We have tried to make this list true to the cemetery markers, not necessarily to the funeral home records. At times it was difficult to identify section and grave numbers for burials since 1987, but the numbers given should make it fairly easy to locate these graves. For entries without markers, information for this list came from the funeral home records. There is a columbarium structure between sections 66 and 76 to which we have assigned section numbers 66A and 76A.