Camano Lutheran Cemetery
The Camano Lutheran Cemetery is located approximately five miles west of Stanwood, Washington. It is on Camano Island, in Island County, about one mile south of Terry’s Corner on East Camano Drive. It has an area of about two and a half acres and was platted in February, 1922 and it appears from examination of the gravestones that few if any burials were made here before that time. It was dedicated for use by the Camano Evangelical Lutheran Church.
We are indebted to Myrtle Duboiski and Clara C. Matthias of Marysville, Washington, who surveyed the cemetery in 1963. We found their survey at the Seattle Public Library, used it as a starting point, verified their information, made corrections as necessary, added more recent burials, and located the graves on a plat map (included herein). A few graves listed in 1963 could not be found in 1999. For these graves an estimated location is given based on the order of graves in the 1963 listing.