Camano Pioneer Cemetery
This cemetery is located approximately four miles west of Stanwood on highway 532 at Terry’s Corner where it divides into North Camano Drive and East Camano Drive.
The cemetery was originally platted in 1887; lots 41 to 98 were added in 1907. There are some monument bases present without their monuments. A neighboring farmer told us that the eastern portion of the cemetery was dedicated for burial of paupers and that there are many unmarked graves there.
We are indebted to Myrtle Duboiski and Clara C. Matthias who prepared a gravestone listing in 1963 and which we found at the Seattle Public Library. We have taken this list as a guide and starting point, verified names and dates, made corrections as necessary, and added more recent burials.